This page contains a description of additional settings and features that will make your data migration successful.
The brief step-by-step manual of DBConvert Studio you can find on the tool main page: https://dbconvert.com/dbconvert-studio
1. Сlone job
Use Clone button to duplicate any saved job you have.
Why you may need this? For example, you made a copy from Source to Destination, and now you need to synchronize the same databases. Now you do not need to create a new job, select servers and databases. Just select the required job, click on Clone button and reconfigure it: choose new name (if needed) and Migration type.
Don't forget to push OK button to save the changes.
2. "Load destination structure" - if it is not ticked, the Destination structure is not loaded for reading.
- if ticked, the Destination structure is loaded for reading. You may need this option if you have a plan to make the reassignment for fields.
3. Trigger-based sync
"Track only source"
- check it if you need to have triggers only on Source side. You should use it if the data in the destination database does not change from the outside.
- in case you load the existing session where triggers were created on both sides, check this option to delete triggers in the Destination db.
"Update sync triggers" - tick it to update triggers on Source and Destination automatically.
Use this option if:
- triggers' logic has changed;
- you need to re-configure the already created triggers:
-in case the time has changed on any Synchronized side or
-any changes have occurred in the Job: a new Database is used on Destination side for example.
4. Monitoring synchronization processes
DBConvert has a feature to monitor the synchronization process between two systems.
How many records were added, updated or deleted are fixed in the Log file.
5. Truncate table feature
Click on Tables in the tree-view or on a needed table to find this option.
Use it when you need to delete all records in Destination table/tables. Do not enable any overwrite option together with truncate option otherwise the structure will be overwritten with the data.
Regarding "Chunk size" feature, please review this article.
6. Jobs and Connections recovery
If a crash occurs and Jobs or Connections are damaged, for example, something happened with the Settings file, then they will automatically be restored at the next boot. That is, when you find that the Jobs or Connections are damaged, close the program and reopen it.